In this super-easy recipe, we take a can of coconut milk, add pure vanilla and sweetener and turn it into whipped cream. Not only does this taste extraordinary, it's vegan and dairy free.
Some of us love whipped cream while others can't eat it. Here we share a wonderful recipe for coconut whipped cream using a can of coconut milk. This recipe is super easy and is ideal for those who are lactose intolerant or vegan since vegans consume no animal products such as milk.
Coconut whipped cream recipe
Yields approximately 2 cups
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons organic powdered sugar
- Hand mixer
- Place the unopened can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- Open the can (careful not to shake it ) and spoon the top layer that has formed into a mixing bowl. Add the vanilla and the powdered sugar and beat on high until the mixture is fluffy and frothy just like real whipped cream.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Use this in place of any recipe that calls for whipped cream. Add it to pies, cakes, ice cream or even hot chocolate beverages.
More recipes using whipped cream
Strawberry whipped cream
Chocolate pudding shots
Summer citrus bars with fresh whipped cream