A great option for a crowd-pleasing breakfast! It's gluten-free and vegetarian with a delicious potato crust!
Quiche with hash brown crust recipe
- 3 cups grated potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place grated potatoes between paper towels to remove as much moisture as you can.
- Add potatoes to a 9-inch pie pan, add melted butter and mix until combined. Press into shape, covering the bottom and the sides of the pie pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes have started to brown.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sour cream, salt , pepper and Parmesan. Stir in the green onions, tomatoes and peppers.
- Once the crust has browned, pour in the egg mixture and return to oven. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake until the center has set, about 20 to 25 minutes.
You can use pre-shredded frozen potatoes, just make sure they are thawed and drained. If you want to use fresh potatoes, this recipe needs one to two large russet potatoes.
More breakfast recipes
Challah French toast
Ham, cheese and egg breakfast casserole