These cute little strawberries are covered in white chocolate and filled with a sweet cream cheese to look just like deviled eggs!
Another great way to put that egg tray to good use! These chocolate covered strawberries look just as festive as deviled eggs, but are a welcome break from the normal appetizer. If you are worried about food dye, plenty of companies are making all-natural dyes. Look in your local premium markets or online.
Strawberry deviled eggs recipe
- 12 strawberries
- 1 cup white chocolate candy melts, or white chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Yellow food dye
- Cut the strawberries in half lengthwise. Try to leave some of the leaves on each half. Place strawberries cut side down on a paper towel for 10 minutes. Strawberries need to be as dry as possible or the white chocolate won't stick.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the white chocolate melts. Microwave for 20 seconds, stir and repeat until melted. Make sure to keep a close eye on white chocolate, if it overheats, it will seize.
- One at a time, dip the strawberries in the white chocolate until completely covered. Immediately place, cut side down, on a sheet of parchment paper. Allow to set in a cool room until the white chocolate has set, about 15 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the cream cheese and powdered sugar, mix on medium high until well combined. Add the lemon juice, vanilla and food dye and mix until well combined.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to a piping bag with a large tip. Pipe into the center of the strawberries. Chill until ready to serve.
More strawberry recipes
Strawberry lemonade scones
Strawberry pound cake skewers
Strawberry balsamic bruschetta