Let go of the tired bottle of maple syrup and replace it with a reduced Marsala wine syrup then put some pistachios and mashed bananas in the pancake batter. What's for breakfast? Something delectable!
Banana pistachio pancakes with reduced Marsala syrup recipe
Yields 4 pancakes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened (plus a knob for buttering the skillet)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, pistachios, 1 tablespoon of sugar, salt, egg, milk, butter and banana until smooth. Let it rest in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, combine water and 1/4 cup sugar. When it boils, add the Marsala wine. Simmer on low fire until it is reduced to half and becomes syrupy. Set aside.
- Over low heat in a medium skillet, melt a knob of butter so that the pancakes won't stick.
- Ladle some of the pancake batter on the skillet. When bubbles start to appear and the pancake starts to move easily on the skillet, flip and cook the other side. Repeat until the pancake batter is finished.
- Serve warm with reduced Marsala syrup on top.
More pancake recipes
St. Patrick's Day pancake recipe
Blueberry and lemon-scented buttermilk pancakes recipe
Gluten-free pumpkin pancakes recipe