Avocados are all around us these days! Toss them in a salad with fresh fruit and a sweet-and-tangy dressing for a great, light meal.
Break free from your standard salad and toss up something a little different! This Meatless Monday recipe for spinach salad with avocados and strawberries is colorful and fun, not to mention delicious! The dressing brings together a sweet-and-tangy flavor that enhances the salad. This salad makes a great lunch or light dinner. For an added bite, toss in a few blue cheese crumbles.
Spinach salad with avocados and strawberries recipe
- 4-6 ounces spinach leaves, cleaned and torn into bite-size pieces
- 4-6 strawberries, cleaned and sliced, divided
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced into thin wedges, divided
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, as garnish
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Combine the sugar, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Toss the spinach and strawberries in a medium bowl and divide between two serving plates.
- Gently add several avocado wedges to top the salad on each serving plate.
- Drizzle with the dressing and garnish with the sesame seeds and optional blue cheese crumbles.
Toss up this salad!
More Meatless Monday recipes
Avocado, roasted red pepper and provolone panini
Spaghetti squash with tomato-mushroom sauce
Creamy pasta with roasted tomatoes and garlic