Soft And Sweet Rolls You Can't Resist
You can't have an Easter menu without a traditional batch of hot cross buns. However, we took those rolls and gave them a brunch twist with these pull-apart hot and soft biscuits!
These super moist, fluffy and dense biscuits are the perfect addition to your brunch menu. They taste just like your favorite buns, just with a thicker, denser biscuit-like quality. Top with your favorite glaze (we love this cinnamon roll icing) and enjoy with a mimosa!
Pull-apart hot cross biscuit recipe
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
Yields about 12 buns
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 4-1/2 cups bread flour
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups warm milk (we used whole)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Glaze (we love this icing)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Mix the water, yeast and salt together. Let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in bread flour, sugar, cinnamon, warm milk and butter. Using a strong spoon, mix it until a dough forms. Place dough onto a heavily floured surface and knead for about 8-10 minutes or until soft and elastic (with floured hands).
- Place dough in an oiled bowl. Turn oven off. Cover bowl with plastic wrap (oiled) and place in the warm oven to rise for about 60 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Once risen, punch down slightly. Place dough back on the floured surface and separate into 12 balls. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut small Xs into the top of each roll. Place little balls in a greased baking dish (or skillet) and cover with plastic wrap. Place in warm oven again and let rise until doubled, another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place biscuits in the oven and bake until fluffy and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. To get a really nice brown color on top, broil the biscuits for a minute or two.
- While warm, drizzle the icing on the X pattern of the biscuits and serve immediately.
More pull-apart bread recipes
King cake pull apart bread
Caramel pumpkin apple pull apart bread
Cheesy bacon sausage pull apart bread