Forget cheesecake or pie this Easter. Serve up these adorable sugar cookie cups instead! Each cookie is shaped like an Easter basket and then stuffed with jelly beans and sweet cooking icing.
These gorgeous cookie cups will be a huge hit at your Easter brunch or dinner party. And don't think only the kids will love them, the adults will be snacking on them, too!
Easter basket sugar cookie recipe
Recipe inspired by Betty Crocker
Yields about 13 cookie cups
- 1/2 pound sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- About 3 tablespoons soft butter
- Green sugar cookie icing
- Jelly beans
- Wire, pipe cleaners or twizzlers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a mini-muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the sugar cookie mix, egg, flour and soft butter with a spoon. Then, using your hands, mix until a soft dough forms.
- Take the dough and form about 12-13 balls. Carefully squish the dough into the greased muffin tins, pushing the dough up the sides and the tops of the muffin cavity (to make the basket rims).
- Bake for about 13 minutes. If the cookies look like muffins, carefully push down the center of the dough with your finger as soon as they come out of the oven. (This is quite common, so just push down the middle to create a hollow center.)
- Let cookies cool. Then fill with green cookie icing. Top the icing with green sprinkles and jelly beans. Twist the wire pipe and stick to the top to create the basket handle.
More Easter dessert recipes
3 Healthy Easter desserts
Fun easter treats to make with your kids
Birds' nest cupcakes