We all enjoy a good stir-fry noodle dish when we order take-out. Did you ever think that you might have all the ingredients sitting in your fridge for a delicious meal?
Stir-fry noodles with shrimp and vegetables recipe
- 5 ounces dried egg noodles
- 3.5 ounces spinach (or any leafy green vegetables), chopped
- 1 big carrot, julienned
- 4 ounces firm tofu, diced
- 12 pieces shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- Thumb-sized fresh ginger, peeled and grated or chopped very finely
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Sesame oil
- Peanut or vegetable oil
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Put noodles in boiling water and cook according to packet instructions. Drain and transfer to a bowl of cold water. Drain again. Drizzle some sesame oil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, mirin, honey and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Set aside.
- Warm up your wok or saucepan with some peanut oil. Toss in garlic and onions.
- When they change color, add shrimp. Toss for a couple of minutes.
- Add carrot, tofu and ginger. Toss for about 3 minutes.
- Add spinach, spring onion and noodles. Toss until noodles are cooked through.
- Pour sauce and let it coat the noodles well. Sprinkle some pepper.
- Turn off fire. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds.
More noodle recipes
Easy orange chicken noodle stir-fry recipe
Soba noodle stir-fry recipe
Chicken, cabbage and noodle stir-fry recipe