The caramel filling makes the classic chocolate crinkle cookie into something extra special.
Caramel-stuffed chocolate crinkle cookies recipe
Yields 2 dozen cookies
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Mexican vanilla
- 2 dozen caramels
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 3 cookies sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition until combined. Stir in Mexican vanilla.
- With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Scoop dough out, 2 tablespoons at a time, and roll into a ball. Press one caramel into the center and then fold cookie dough around the caramel.
- Bake in oven for 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Dip the tops of the cookies in powdered sugar, once they have cooled. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
More cookie recipes
Cake batter chocolate chip cookies
White chocolate cherry almond cookies
Chunky chocolate cookies