Sometimes a simple sandwich is all it takes to satisfy a hungry family. This Sunday dinner sandwich recipe includes shrimp to make it special.
A simple Sunday dinner doesn't have to be boring. In fact, it can be special without any big fuss. You can easily and quickly toss together this recipe for shrimp and arugula sandwiches. Shrimp as a main ingredient pairs well with the arugula, tomatoes, and lemon juice to create a fresh and flavorful sandwich. Use pita pockets or your favorite sandwich bread to create a delightful dinner.
Shrimp and arugula sandwich recipe
- 6 ounces frozen precooked shrimp, thawed and tails removed
- 1-1/2 cups arugula, packed
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cleaned and cut into quarters
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 1 pita pocket, sliced in two, or two sandwich rolls
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, tomatoes, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine and set aside.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add the olive oil. When hot, add the thawed shrimp with a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook for about 3 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink.
- Remove the shrimp and roughly chop them. Add to the arugula mixture and toss to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into pita pockets or onto your favorite sandwich rolls or bread.
What a sensational sandwich!
More Sunday Dinner recipes
Baked eggplant Parmesan
Baked cod with chimichurri sauce