Make This Fluffy Loaf
Of Bread At Home
What's better than a fresh loaf of warm bread? A fresh loaf of warm bread baked right in your kitchen. This simple recipe uses plump sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan and caramelized onions with a hint of rosemary to add just enough woodsy flavor to this delicious bread. Perfect for serving with pasta dishes or in sandwiches.
There is just something about a fresh loaf of bread baking that makes us happy. Warm, fluffy and delicious, when we make it we are lucky if there is any left for sandwiches or snacking. We took this basic recipe and made it more interesting by adding fresh tomatoes, rosemary, fresh Parmesan cheese and a little bit of caramelized onion for sweetness. Simple as that! Just try not to eat it all in one sitting.
Focaccia with Parmesan sun-dried tomatoes and rosemary recipe
Inspired by Allrecipes
- 2 -3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup caramelized onions (optional)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- Jelly roll pan or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, salt, yeast and herbs and mix to combine. Add in the olive oil and the water and mix by hand until a soft sticky dough is formed.
- Turn the dough out onto a well-floured surface and knead the dough until it's smooth and elastic. Cover the dough with a damp cloth either in an oiled bowl or right on the floured surface and allow to rise about 30-45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Once the dough has risen, punch it down. On the parchment-lined pan or cookie sheet, gently press the dough out creating a rectangle shape. With your fingertips, make indentions over the surface of the dough (this helps create little pockets of flavor).
- Generously spread the caramelized onions over the top. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until the bread is golden brown. Allow to cool and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More homemade bread recipes
Irish soda bread two ways
Sugar-free banana bread
Chocolate chip oatmeal quick bread