Are you a pizza fanatic but hate the extra fat and calories that come with each slice? Rethink the pie and make these deliciously zesty quinoa pizza bites.
Each bite tastes just like a slice of 'za, just without all the unwanted guilt that comes with it. Not only are these great after school snacks, but they are even better party apps! Customize with your friends' and family's favorite toppings to make a pizza bite for everyone.
Healthy nibbles: Quinoa pizza bites
Recipe adapted from So Very Blessed
Yields about 12 bites
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the quinoa, cheeses, pepperoni, eggs, onion, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Scoop a large spoonful of quinoa mixture into the greased muffin cavities, filling all the way to the top. Smoosh the mixture down slightly with the back of the spoon. Top each bite with a few more sprinkles of mozzarella cheese and oregano.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve warm with marinara dipping sauce.
More healthy bite-sized snacks
Individual 7 layer dips recipe
Pretzels with spicy mustard recipe
Kale chips baked with Parmesan cheese recipe