A Main Course Or
A Perfect Side!
A beautiful pasta salad made with all the components of the classic BLT!
Using sun-dried tomatoes in this pasta salad lends a wonderful freshness and depth! If you're looking to "amp it up" consider adding ripe avocado and/or pepper jack cheese. Go ahead and make it a day in advance!
BLT pasta salad recipe
- 2 cups penne rigate pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (heaping) crispy quality bacon, roughly chopped (about 6-8 slices)
- 1/4 cup scallion, chopped
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- To make the dressing: place sun-dried tomatoes, mayonnaise, olive oil and lemon juice in a small food processor and puree until all ingredients are mixed well, and you're left with creamy, yet slightly chunky dressing.
- Add your cooked pasta to a large bowl. Add dressing and stir to coat the pasta.
- Stir in bacon, scallion and romaine. Taste and salt and pepper if needed.
Since bacon will add to the overall salt content of this dish, it's important to taste the pasta salad after adding the bacon and then only salt if needed.
More pasta salad recipes
Caprese pasta salad
Shrimp pasta salad
Bow-tie pasta salad