It's easy to put together a simple pasta dish that satisfies both your hunger and taste. Roasting a few ingredients makes it happen.
This recipe for creamy pasta with roasted tomatoes and garlic is like a bowl of fresh flavors. Not many of us want to go all-out to make dinner on Mondays, and this dish is the perfect solution. As your pasta cooks, roast your tomatoes and garlic for a sweet and mild flavor. Add a bit of ricotta cheese to the mix, and you're in for a delightful, Meatless Monday dish!
Creamy pasta with roasted tomatoes and garlic recipe
Recipe adapted from Ellie Krieger
- 1/2 pound short pasta (like penne or corkscrews), cooked according to package directions
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, washed
- 4 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus extra to season tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus extra to season tomatoes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the cherry tomatoes and unpeeled garlic in a small ovenproof dish. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over the tomatoes and garlic, and add a bit of salt and ground black pepper to season. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to open.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot according to package directions. Drain when finished, return to the pot and, while warm, add the ricotta cheese and mix well.
- When the tomatoes are finished cooking remove the pan from the oven. Squeeze the garlic out of their skins into a small bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add the mashed garlic to the pasta and mix well. Lightly fold in the roasted tomatoes, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and season with the salt and ground black pepper.
- Serve warm
Roasting brings out the flavors in this dish.
More Meatless Monday recipes
Avocado, roasted red pepper and provolone panini
Pasta with cremini mushrooms
Green bean and asparagus frittata