Switch up your lasagna for Sunday dinner! You'll love the flavors tucked into the layers of this Greek-inspired lasagna!
Sunday dinner is a great time to serve this Greek-inspired lasagna. The flavor combination is spot-on, and it's an easy way to switch up a standard lasagna dish. Get the family involved to make building this dish more fun!
The recipe notes that you will need to trim off a portion of the lasagna noodles. Don't toss the remains. Instead, cut them into strips and refrigerate. When you need a quick lunch, heat them up with your favorite pasta sauce and some cheese!
Greek-inspired lasagna recipe
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata olives, plus 6 whole olives as garnish
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 6 ounces ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces feta cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with the nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions. Once cooked, drain, lay them flat on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Meanwhile, while the lasagna noodles are boiling, add the olive oil to a saute pan over medium heat. When hot, add the onions and cook until they turn translucent.
- Remove the onions and mix them in a bowl with the marinara sauce, spinach, chopped olives, onion, black pepper, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the ricotta and mozzarella cheese and mix well. Put the feta cheese in a small bowl.
- When ready, begin to assemble the lasagna by adding about a tablespoon of marinara sauce to the bottom of the baking dish. Add a layer of lasagna noodles (3 should fit). Note: You may need to trim a bit off the lasagna noodles.
- Next add a layer of the spinach-sauce mixture, then dollop the ricotta-mozzarella cheese mixture all over the top. Sprinkle a pinch of the feta cheese on top. Continue adding layers until the noodles are all used, ending with the cheese mixture on the top. Garnish with the whole olives evenly placed on the top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through. Allow the lasagna to cool slightly before serving.
Enjoy the layers and layers of flavor!
More Sunday dinner recipes
Baked eggplant Parmesan
Tortellini shrimp in creamy tomato sauce
Baked cod with chimichurri sauce