This simple and cute appetizer is perfect for Easter! Adorable little pots or tins are filled with homemade hummus and then little baby carrots are planted. You could munch the holiday away with this delicious dish!
Carrots in homemade hummus recipe
Yields 2-4 pots
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and washed
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- 2-4 mini tins or flowerpots
- Baby carrots
- Curly parsley
- Add chickpeas, garlic, salt, tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest and optional hot sauce into the bowl of a food processor. Puree till smooth.
- Add hummus to the mini tins or flowerpots. Set aside.
- Using a toothpick put a little hole into the top of the baby carrot. Pull off a little piece of curly parsley and put it into the hole of the carrot.
- Put carrots into the hummus and fill the pot. Keep cold until serving.
More fun Easter recipes
3 Healthy Easter dessert recipes
Simple Easter sugar cookie recipe
Fun Easter treats to make with kids