Pie does not just have to be sweet! This delicious pie gives you the best of both worlds! A little sweet and a little savory! It's the perfect combination of pears, Gorgonzola cheese and crunchy walnuts. This is one dessert you won't want to stop eating!
Pear, Gorgonzola and walnut pie recipe
Yields 4 miniature pies
- 1 store-bought pie crust, uncooked
- 3 Bosc pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 ounce Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut dough into four pieces and press into 4 miniature tart or pie pans. If the dough does not fit perfectly just press in any cut-off overhanging dough.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together sliced pears, lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cornstarch. Fill each tart with an equal amount of filling.
- Sprinkle Gorgonzola cheese and walnuts on top of the pies.
- Cover the pies loosely with foil and bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees, then decrease the heat to 375 degrees F and bake for another 30 minutes. Halfway through the 30 minutes remove the foil so the walnuts have a chance to toast.
- Serve warm or room temperature with ice cream if desired.
More pie recipes
Bacon apple pie recipe
Simple s'mores pie recipe
Mini cranberry apple pie recipe