Brussels sprouts are moving up in the world! This side dish is full of nutrition and packs a punch in the flavor department! Crumbly blue cheese and crunchy walnuts... yes please!
There is nothing more simple to prepare than Brussels sprouts. They can be done in less than 20 minutes, and, with the addition of blue cheese, walnuts and dried cranberries, you will be in flavor heaven! This is one perfectly prepared side dish!
Brussels sprouts with cranberries, blue cheese and walnuts recipe
Yields 1 pound
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (end cuts off and cut in half)
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add in Brussels sprouts and boil for about 5 minutes. Strain and run under cold water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Once oil is hot, add in Brussels sprouts and cook till browned. About 5 minutes. You do not want to overcook the sprouts, just brown them a bit.
- Add walnuts, cranberries and blue cheese to the warm pan. Toss and add to a large serving bowl. Enjoy as a side dish.
More Brussels sprouts recipes
Pasta with Brussels sprouts recipe
Brussels sprouts with balsamic reduction recipe
Brussels sprouts with pancetta and orange recipe