The best part about a one-skillet dish is that there is limited cleanup! Spicy sausage and pasta are combined to make a perfectly cheesy pasta bake!
Not looking to clean up a bunch of dishes after dinner? Don't worry, we have a perfect one-skillet dish your whole family will love! Spicy chicken sausage is mixed with fire-roasted tomatoes and pasta to create a delicious and flavorful family favorite.
One-skillet spicy sausage pasta recipe
Yields one 10-inch skillet
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 12 ounces precooked jalapeño chicken sausage (sliced into bite-size pieces)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1-1/2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Add oil to a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Let the oil get hot over medium heat and add in sliced sausage. Cook over medium heat until brown and crispy on the outside.
- Once the sausage is crispy, add in the onion and garlic. Cook till the onions are soft. At this point you may need to add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Once onions are soft, add tomatoes (with juice), beef broth and half-and-half. Stir together and add in pasta.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a gentle simmer till the pasta is done, about 15 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked, put your oven broiler on high, cover pasta with cheese and melt under the broiler in the oven, about 3-5 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then enjoy!
More pasta recipes
Ratatouille pasta recipe
Pasta with cremini mushrooms recipe
Smoky tomato, roasted red pepper and arugula pasta recipe