There is no need to turn to take-out when the week gets busy. This easy beef and broccoli uses fresh ingredients, no preservatives and can be whipped up in 15 minutes. That is less time than it would take to pick up that cheap take-out!
Homemade beef and broccoli recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds sirloin beef tips, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups broccoli crowns
- In a large bowl add baking soda, brown sugar, cornstarch, low-sodium soy sauce, water and garlic. Mix together and add in sliced beef. Stir to combine, cover and let sit in the fridge for at least an hour and up to 24 hours.
- When you're ready to cook, start putting together the sauce. In a large glass measuring cup add low-sodium soy sauce, brown sugar and flour. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium heat. Once hot add in broccoli and cook till it just starts to soften. You don't want your broccoli to get mushy. Once it's starting to soften remove from pan and add to a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to the pan and add beef and half of the sauce. Saute for 4-5 minutes until there is no more pink and the meat is almost cooked.
- Add in remaining sauce and broccoli. Stir and cook for 3 minutes to thicken sauce.
- Serve over white or brown rice.
More easy dinner recipes
Buffalo chicken soup with orzo recipe
Fig jam, onion and goat cheese pizza recipe
Spice-rubbed pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon recipe