Pizza doesn't just have to be pepperoni and stringy mozzarella. Sometimes it can be grown-up! Now, we're not saying kids won't love this pizza (they will!) but it's packed full of vegetables and nutrients. Kale, butternut squash and crispy pancetta are combined with sharp Italian cheese to create your new favorite pizza!
Kale, butternut squash and pancetta pizza recipe
Yields 1 large pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups Italian blend shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup small diced butternut squash (precooked so it is soft)
- 1 cup packed chopped kale
- 1/3 cup crispy pancetta pieces
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough so it is thin. This will help it bake up to be crispy. Lay dough onto parchment-lined baking sheet and start topping.
- Brush olive oil onto the dough and sprinkle with minced garlic. Cover with 1 cup of the Italian blend cheese.
- Top the cheese with kale, butternut squash, pancetta and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for about 18 minutes until the bottom is cooked fully and cheese is melted and browned.
More pizza recipes
3 Unique pizza recipes
Fall harvest vegetable pizza recipe
Fig jam, onion and goat cheese pizza recipe