Don't fear the greens. When they are turned into a salad this delicious, there is nothing fear! Plus, bacon makes everything better!
Looking for a healthy salad that the whole family will love? Look no further! This vitamin-packed salad combines healthy kale, sweet apples, crispy bacon and crunchy toasted walnuts. Your family will love eating their greens when they try this salad!
Kale, apple and bacon salad recipe
- 2 red apples, cut into long slices
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces kale, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 6 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- Add cut apples to a small bowl with lemon juice. Toss to coat apples in the juice. This will help keep them from turning brown.
- In a large salad bowl, add kale, apples, bacon and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, shallots, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking to create a smooth and creamy dressing.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine. Store any remaining dressing in the refrigerator.
More salad recipes
Freekeh salad recipe
Fruit and nut salad recipe
Caprese salad with brown sugar balsamic dressing recipe