Game day, or any other time you have friends over, is just not complete without a generous supply of snacks. These fun, easy recipes will get you out of the kitchen and into the game — fast.
Add pepperoni and other favorite pizza toppings before rolling and baking the dough.
Yield: 12 pinwheels
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough, or your favorite biscuit recipe
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce for dunking
- Roll the biscuit dough out into a rectangle about 1/4-inch thick.
- Spread with the pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Roll up and pinch the bottom edge to seal.
- Cut into 12 slices and place on a lightly-oiled cookie sheet, cut side down.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Waldorf salad cheese ball
Waldorf salad is recreated into a spread. Use this classic combination to stuff celery or as a cheese ball.
Yield: 12 servings
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, divided use
- 1/2 cup finely chopped apple — leave the peel on for color
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Celery, carrots, crackers and apples for spreading
- Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of the pecans, apple, honey and cinnamon together until well blended.
- Form into a ball and roll in the remaining chopped pecans.
- Use to stuff celery or as a spread for crudités and crackers.
Black bean and chili cheese bites
These spicy bites of Southwestern flavor are easy and addictive.
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough or your favorite biscuit recipe
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 ounces canned chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 24 slices of jalapeño
- Roll the biscuit dough out into a rectangle and cut into 24 squares.
- Press each square into one mini-muffin cup.
- Mix the cheese, beans, mayonnaise, chilies and cilantro.
- Add a spoonful of the cheese mixture to each square of biscuit dough.
- Top with a little extra cheese and a slice of jalapeño.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly to firm up.
Brie, pecan and hot pepper jelly bruschetta
Crispy baguette slices are topped with creamy Brie; spicy, sweet pepper jelly; and crunchy pecans.
Yield: 12 servings
- 12 slices of baguette, sliced 1/2-inch thick and on a diagonal
- 12 ounces of Brie
- 12 teaspoons of hot pepper jelly, jalapeño jelly or similar spicy jelly
- 3/4 cup of chopped, toasted pecans
- Place baguette slices on a cookie sheet.
- Spread each slice with one tablespoon of Brie.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until the Brie is soft and bubbly.
- Top with a spoonful of the jelly and a tablespoon of the pecans.
- Serve warm.
3 Recipes using beer
10 Quick party appetizers
Buffalo blue cheese deviled eggs