A Healthy Sandwich
The Italian Way!
Panino is the Italian term for sandwich. Enjoy the goodness of a healthy panino without missing out on a delicious combination of flavors like shrimp, peppers and clementines.
Take your quick lunch or dinner panino to a higher level of flavors with clementines, shrimp and peppers. They do go together pretty well. Not only will you love it, your body will also thank you because it's super healthy!
Grilled shrimp, peppers and clementine panino recipe
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 5 big shrimp (fresh or frozen), shelled and deveined
- 3 clementine wedges
- Handful lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup bottled roasted red or yellow peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Prepare the clementine wedges, lettuce, bottled roasted peppers, sesame seeds and fresh thyme in front of you.
- Grill both sides of the shrimp on an oven-top griddle until cooked through.
- When almost at the end of grilling the shrimp, grill the bread on the griddle too, away from the shrimp until slightly crunchy and warm.
- Fill up the panino with lettuce, peppers, shrimp and clementine wedges. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and fresh thyme.
More sandwich recipes
Veggie reuben sandwiches
Portobello and fontina panini
Roasted red pepper panini