These pizzas can be made smaller or larger; it's all a matter of preference. They make great individual serving pizzas for a meal, snacks or appetizers at a party.
Pesto pizza bites recipe
- 1 recipe homemade pizza dough (see recipe below)
- Store-bought or homemade pesto
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare pizza dough. The dough can be made a few days in advance and refrigerated, just make sure it's at room temperature before using.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly flour a kitchen surface and divide the dough into even pieces of the desired size. Use a floured rolling pin to roll out the dough evenly.
- Top generously with pesto and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at for 10-12 minutes or until cheese has melted and is starting to brown.
Pizza dough recipe
Adapted from allrecipes.com
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast (.25 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- Combine flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a large bowl. Stir in oil and warm water.
- Knead for 10-12 minutes, sprinkling flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking to bowl. The dough should be elastic and smooth. Place in an oiled bowl, cover and let rise for 1 hour.
More pizza recipes
Nutella and cherry pizza
S'mores dessert pizza