Pasta with a simple sauce can be a delight for a Meatless Monday meal, or on any day. You'll really taste all the flavors and get a sense of the texture presented on your plate. This recipe for pasta with cremini mushrooms is a perfect example. The mushrooms will add heartiness to the dish, but the sauce is light, simple and flavorful.
Pasta with cremini mushrooms recipe
- 1/2 pound medium-sized pasta or long, flat pasta
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, more to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. When finished, drain and return to the pan, off the heat.
- Meanwhile, add the butter to a saute pan over medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and green onion and saute for about 8 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and wine and simmer until the liquid reduces by about half, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to the saute pan and mix well.
- Serve on individual plates topped with Parmesan cheese.
Simplify your meal!
Green bean and ricotta frittata
Creamy cauliflower gratin
Fried egg and grilled asparagus sandwich