A big bakery-style bagel is stuffed full of fluffy scrambled eggs, sauteed spinach, maple bacon and melted havarti cheese. Topped off with creamy avocado slices, this makes one heck of a tasty breakfast.
Why do we love this recipe? Because it's warm, cheesy and delicious. Bagels are a great grab-and-go breakfast item but why not kick it up a notch and add some super-tasty fillings. No need to stop for fast food when you can make these loaded bagels at home!
Maple bacon breakfast sandwich recipe
- 4 bagels, sliced in half
- 6 egg whites and 2 whole eggs, scrambled
- 8 strips maple bacon, pan fried or baked (If you don't have maple bacon simply brush plain bacon with pure maple syrup before baking or after pan frying)
- A heaping handful of baby spinach, sauteed
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 4 slices havarti cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Place the bagels on a plate. On one half of each bagel add the scrambled eggs, 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of the maple bacon, the spinach and then top with other half of the bagel. Spray nonstick cooking spray in a small pan and toast each bagel (like you are making a grilled cheese) on both sides for a few minutes until the bagel is heated all the way through.
- Remove from the heat and open the sandwich up, adding the fresh avocado and serve.
More tasty breakfast recipes
Breakfast bran muffins