Layer Of Flavor
A fully loaded salad bursting with flavors is what we want. Here, we share this spin on a barbecue chicken salad that is loaded with plump grilled chicken, crispy romaine and topped with a variety of fresh ingredients. We top it off with a drizzle of barbecue and ranch dressing to make the flavors pop.
Never ever eat another boring salad again. This recipe will blow your mind, and it's so easy to prepare. If you're a busy mom or work long hours, stop at your local grocer and pick up a precooked rotisserie chicken. Just be sure to remove the skin and use the breast to keep it on the healthy side. The fresh flavors along with the ranch and barbecue drizzle really make this salad a keeper.
Healthy barbecue chicken salad with barbecue ranch drizzle recipe
Yields 4 salads
For the salad:
- 2 chicken breasts (grilled, baked or broiled or you can use rotisserie chicken), chopped into pieces
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 6 cups lettuce such as romaine, chopped
For the toppings:
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce (or your personal favorite)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime cut into 4 wedges for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl add the chicken, black beans, corn, red onion, tomatoes and lettuce. Gently toss and divide the salad between 4 plates or bowls.
- Top with avocado, a sprinkle of the cheddar cheese and fresh cilantro. Drizzle with both ranch and barbecue sauce and garnish the salad with a fresh lime wedge. Serve immediately.
More great salad recipes
Jazz up your summer salads
Citrus spinach salad
Summer strawberry salad with maple balsamic dressing