Are you obsessed with The Walking Dead? If so, we've created a ghastly, zombie-inspired menu for your viewing party, complete with jars of blood and gooey brains!
Nothing screams "ZOMBIE!" like a big jar of blood, a plate of bloodshot eyes or oozy brain cupcakes, right? These fun recipes will be a huge hit at your viewing party for the return of The Walking Dead!
Brains, aka zombie's favorite food! What a sad day for the poor unfortunate soul who has had his brain turned into a zombie's dessert!
Yields 12 cupcakes
- 1 box cake mix (we used red dotted Funfetti)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 can vanilla buttercream frosting
- Red and black food coloring
- A piping bag with large round tip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs, oil and water. Stir to combine and remove lumps. Fill the liners about 3/4 of the way full with batter. Bake for 18 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and let cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, mix red and black food coloring into the vanilla frosting to create a light pink/gray color. Put frosting into the piping bag and secure the tip.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, pipe one solid line down the middle of the cupcake. Then, on each side, pipe a series of squiggly lines (to look like a brain). Add some red icing gel for "blood" and enjoy!
Well, wouldn't you be a little tired if you had to stay up three days in a row as the lookout for walkers? Your eyes would be a little bloodshot, too!
Yields 10 deviled eggs
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/3 teaspoon spicy mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Green food coloring
- Red decorators gel
- Black olives or black decorators gel
- Carefully peel all 5 eggs and discard the shells. Cut each egg in half and scoop out the yolk. Place the yolk, mayonnaise, spicy mustard and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine. You may want to use an electric mixer to remove the lumps from the yolk. Add green food coloring and stir.
- Scoop about 1/2 teaspoon or so of filling into the center of each egg white. Add the black olive or draw a black circle in the center of the filling. Using your red icing gel, make squiggly lines coming out of the green filling to create a "bloodshot" look.
- Chill before serving.
Nothing takes the edge off a long day like a few pints of... blood? This is a zombie's favorite drink to order at happy hour!
Yields 4 drinks
- 6 ounces (1 can) frozen limeade
- 6 ounces white tequila (we used Patron Silver)
- 2 ounces triple sec or orange juice
- 3 tablespoons grenadine
- Red food coloring
- Mix the limeade, tequila, triple sec, grenadine and ice in a blender. Pulse on low until mixture is smooth. Add enough red food coloring so the mixture is bright red. Serve in Mason jars with red straws and enjoy!
More zombie fun
How to look like a zombie: My Warm Bodies set visit makeover
The Walking Dead sneak peek: Here comes the Governor
Zombie gingerbread men
Photo credit: Frank Ockenfels/AMC