An Elegant Yet
In this recipe we take premade flatbread and pile it high with fresh goat cheese, plump strawberries and fresh baby spinach and top it off with a drizzle of tangy balsamic. This is not only pleasing to the eye but makes a wonderful and refreshing light meal.
We can't get enough recipes full of big juicy strawberries. While we love to eat them just the way they are, we enjoy creating fun and delicious recipes using them along with other ingredients. Here we took a basic flatbread from our grocer's bakery section and topped it off with fresh sliced goat cheese, strawberries and organic baby spinach. To help bring all these flavors together, we drizzled fruity balsamic vinegar over the top to add just enough tang.
Balsamic strawberry and goat cheese flatbread recipe
For the balsamic reduction:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or pure maple syrup
For the flatbread:
- 4 premade flatbreads (or you may substitute pita bread)
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 4 ounces goat cheese ( if you do not like goat cheese you can also use Brie, feta or any other type of cheese)
- 1 avocado, sliced or cubed
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, divided
- Balsamic reduction for drizzling
- In a small saucepot over medium heat, add the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer until the mixture has thickened or until it coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. On a baking sheet, add the flatbreads and heat just until the bread is warmed and softened.
- On the warm flatbreads, add the spinach, strawberries, goat cheese and avocado. Drizzle with the balsamic reduction and serve immediately.
More recipes using strawberries
Summer strawberry salad with maple balsamic dressing
Strawberry pound cake skewers
Strawberry lemonade scones