Whipping up a homemade romantic meal for two this Valentine's Day? Why not end your delicious meal with a big pot of this luscious and creamy red velvet fondue!
Don't have a fondue pot? Great news, you don't need one for this recipe! All you need is a simple stainless steel saucepan and some skewers. This creamy, decadent and festive dessert only takes 10 minutes to prepare and tastes just as good as the kind you order out!
Red velvet fondue recipe
Yields about 1/3 cup fondue
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces premium milk chocolate (we used The Melting Pot chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon Patron XO Cafe Dark Cocoa (or coffee liqueur)
- About 4-6 drops red food coloring
- Cheesecake, biscuits, fruit and cake for dipping
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan over low heat on your stovetop. Once simmering (few bubbles), stir in chocolate and liqueur. Stir the mixture continuously until all of the chocolate melts.
- Serve the chocolate immediately and enjoy! (The pan and chocolate should stay warm for 20 minutes.) If you're eating a little late, prop the pan up over a candle.
More romantic dessert recipes
Romantic, non-chocolate desserts for Valentine's Day
Romantic chocolate pots de creme recipe
Three romantic chocolate desserts for Valentine's Day