What a fun way to eat dessert! In this recipe we take plump sweet strawberries and fluffy pound cake and alternate them on skewers creating a dessert on a stick. Dip in sweetened whipped cream or chocolate for a fun and unique way to have your dessert.
Want a super fun and creative way to serve dessert? Look no further than this recipe. Take a few simple ingredients and create a fun dessert for all to enjoy. Get even more creative by adding a variety of fruits such as peaches, blueberries or melon.
Strawberry pound cake skewers recipe
- 8 large strawberries (2 per skewer)
- 1/2 a frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 8 chunks (2 pieces per skewer)
- 4 wooden skewers
- Whipped cream for dipping
- On a skewer, alternate strawberries and a piece of the pound cake and repeat for the remaining skewers.
- Add the skewers to a serving plate and serve with chilled whipped cream.
If you make these ahead be sure to keep the skewers in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them.
More recipes using skewers
Spicy curry tofu skewers
Greek salad skewers
Chicken and peach kabobs