Quick & easy dinner
Amp up a quick pasta dish with smoky paprika, fresh herbs and two kinds of cheese.
This pasta dish is easy enough for a busy evening. But with flavors like this, you'd never guess how simple it is to make.
Smoky tomato, roasted red pepper and arugula pasta recipe
- 8 ounces short pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided use
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped, divided use
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook until soft, about 6 minutes. Add the tomatoes, roasted red peppers, half of the basil, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Let the mixture cook for another 5 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Add the arugula to the pan and drizzle the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil over the arugula. Stir it to combine and cook until the arugula wilts.
- Turn the heat to low and stir in the mozzarella cheese. Add the cooked pasta and the reserved pasta water. Stir lightly to combine.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
More Daily Flavor
Pasta with asparagus, pancetta and tomatoes
Lasagna with bechamel and meat sauce