If you're hooked on Buffalo sauce, these chicken meatballs are for you!
Whether you serve these spicy chicken meatballs to the guys on game day or at a swanky cocktail party, they won't last long.
Buffalo chicken meatballs recipe
Yields 50 meatballs
For the meatballs:
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 3 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
For the sauce:
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the ground chicken, green onions, celery, garlic, hot sauce, blue cheese, ranch dressing mix, salt, cayenne pepper and egg in a large bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup at a time, until the mixture holds together well.
- Form 1-inch balls of chicken mixture and place on baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the meatballs chill, whisk together all sauce ingredients in a small pot over low heat. Stir occasionally until simmering. Allow the sauce to simmer for about 5 minutes, then remove from heat. The sauce will thicken slightly as it stands.
- Remove meatballs from the refrigerator. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add about 1/2-inch of oil. Once hot, add a single layer of meatballs and cook for about 4 minutes, then flip over and cook for an additional 4 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Drain on paper towels and repeat with the rest of the meatballs.
- Transfer the sauce to a large bowl. Add the meatballs in batches and toss to coat in sauce. Serve warm.
More Daily Flavor
Easy barbecue chicken sliders
Bacon-wrapped, cheese-stuffed dates
Baked potato wedges with Italian dressing