The Perfect Dessert
For The Super Bowl
Win big with a tray of these adorable, quick and easy, football-shaped no-bake cookies!
These no-bake football cookies are simple to make and loved by kids and adults alike!
No-bake football cookies
Yields about 2 dozen football-shaped cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 ounces (1 to 2 small tubes) white icing gel with a fine tip end
- Add the butter, sugar, milk and cocoa powder to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil (stirring occasionally). Allow mixture to boil for about one minute, then remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter and the vanilla. Last, stir in the oats one cup at a time.
- On a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper, drop by heaping tablespoons and with the tips of your fingers, flatten a bit and form cookies into little football shapes.
- Place cookies in the refrigerator to cool at least 30 minutes before piping on football stitch lines as shown in the picture.
- After all cookies have been decorated with their stitch lines, place back in the refrigerator at least 20 minutes for serving. (Cooling allows the cookies and icing to set.) Cookies can be decorated the day before and placed in the refrigerator overnight. Serve cool or room temperature.
More Super Bowl recipes
Heart healthy Super Bowl recipes
Super Bowl onion dip