A one-dish meal that can be whipped up in no time with whole wheat pasta, garbanzo beans and fresh veggies.
Who would have thought that pasta and garbanzo beans taste so good together. But they really do. Add some fresh veggies, and you have yourself a hearty meatless meal in a matter of minutes. Healthy, tasty and easy to make.
Pasta and garbanzo beans with veggies recipe
- 2 servings whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup canned garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup cut red bell pepper
- 2 green onions cut in large pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons black roasted sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Boil water and cook the pasta. While the pasta is cooking, heat a skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil. Then add the red bell pepper, green onions, green beans, broccoli and cauliflower to the skillet. Continue to stir as the veggies are cooking. When the veggies start to lightly brown, (about 6 minutes) add the garlic and stir.
- Add the beef broth, soy sauce, pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes. Stir together and let simmer for about 5 more minutes. As soon as the pasta is cooked al dente, remove it from the boiling water and add it to the skillet. Then add the garbanzo beans.
- Stir the pasta into the veggie mixture. Serve hot right out of the pan. Top with the chopped cilantro and garnish with the black roasted sesame seeds.
More recipes with garbanzo beans
Vegetarian Mediterranean salad