Meatless Monday is a great day to serve vegetable and cashew curry. This dish is super-satisfying and makes a big impact on hungry diners!
We love one-dish meals, especially when they have everything you need to make a wonderful Meatless Monday meal. Vegetable and cashew curry takes under 30 minutes to put together, and it's hearty and teeming with flavor!
Vegetable and cashew curry recipe
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup toasted cashews
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces brown rice, cooked
- Greek-style plain yogurt for garnish (optional)
- Add the olive oil to a large saute pan over medium. When hot, add the cauliflower, red pepper, onion and curry powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring.
- Add the vegetable broth, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, turmeric, cayenne, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and reduce the heat. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Just before the mixture is finished, add the cashews and mix.
- Serve hot over rice and garnish with Greek-style plain yogurt.
Make a great Meatless Monday meal!
More Meatless Monday recipes
Potato and zucchini torta
Stir-fried broccoli with cashews
Spaghetti squash with tomato-mushroom sauce