Red velvet meets cheesecake in this recipe. Cream cheese and a few simple ingredients are combined with red velvet cake mix for this beautiful cheesecake ball. This vivid and vibrant dessert is ideal for your Valentine’s Day sweetie.
Want a super quick and easy dessert to impress your love for Valentine's Day? Here we share a cheesecake ball that is rolled in mini-chocolate chips and served with cookies of your choice — in our case vanilla wafers. The lovely red color will be a hit with your love.
Red velvet cheesecake ball recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups red velvet cake mix, dry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips
- Assorted cookies and crackers such as vanilla wafers or graham crackers
- In a large bowl add the cream cheese and butter and mix until smooth. Add in the red velvet cake mix, the brown sugar and the powdered sugar. Continue mixing until everything is mixed well and looks smooth (no lumps).
- Pour or dump the mixture out onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap and shape the mixture into a ball and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
- Pour half of the bag of mini chocolate chips onto a plate (use more if needed). Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator, unwrap and begin to roll the ball into the chocolate chips.
- Once the ball is covered in the chocolate chips, carefully place it on a serving plate and garnish with cookies of choice. Serve immediately.
- Note: If you make this ahead of time, please keep it chilled until you are ready to serve.
More red velvet recipes
Red velvet hot chocolate
Red velvet cocktail
Red velvet cake