Baked cod with chimichurri sauce is a healthy meal option for Sunday dinner. It's quick to make and full of fresh flavor.
Sunday dinner just got interesting! Chimichurri sauce is a vibrant and fresh Argentinean sauce or condiment made using parsley and typically served with steak. Chimichurri is a simple sauce with high impact!
Not only is chimichurri good with steak, but it's great with fish, too. Baked cod with chimichurri sauce is a dynamic dish you can have on the table in about 25 minutes. Perfect for Sunday dinner!
Baked cod with chimichurri sauce
- 4 (4 ounce) pieces fresh cod fillets
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 cups packed fresh parsley, stems removed
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, plus extra to season the fish
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus extra to season the fish
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- Lime slices for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to a glass pan, just big enough to hold the fillets tightly.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and place in the pan. Add 1 tablespoon of the lime juice to the top of them, then sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the tops.
- Bake the fish until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, add the parsley, garlic, red pepper flakes, basil, rosemary, and salt and pepper to a food processor and pulse until the parsley and garlic is chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and add the remaining lime juice and olive oil. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When the fish is cooked, serve it on individual plates and spoon the chimichurri sauce over the top of the fish. Garnish with lime slices.
Sunday dinner gets interesting with chimichurri sauce!
More Sunday dinner recipes
Chicken Parmesan sandwiches
BELT sandwiches with sun-dried tomato spread
Pasta with Brussels sprouts