We are taking a fancier approach to classic diner food. The tuna melt has always been an old-fashioned favorite, and now you can make it home! A few ingredients are all you need, and you can go from diner classic to an at-home lunch!
Open-face tuna melt recipe
Yields 5 open-face sandwiches
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons small diced onion
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 5 slices ciabatta bread
- 5 half slices tomato
- 5 small slices provolone cheese
- In a small bowl mix together tuna, mayonnaise, onion, relish, salt and pepper and chopped eggs.
- Add equal amounts of the tuna mixture to one side of each slice of the bread.
- Top bread with tomato slice and provolone cheese.
- Put sandwiches on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cook under the broiler until the cheese is melted and sandwich is heated through.
More sandwich recipes
Burnt ends grilled cheese sandwich recipe
Philly cheesesteak sloppy Joe sandwich recipe
Cuban-style sandwich with spicy chipotle sauce recipe