It's time for breakfast in bed! On Valentine's Day, your mate deserves a little pampering. These sweet red velvet pancakes are made even better by the addition of a cream cheese glaze.
Looking for a romantic breakfast in bed? Look no further! These simple red velvet pancakes are sure to start your morning off right. Perfectly flavored, they are drizzled with a creamy vanilla bean cream cheese glaze. This recipe will be your new Valentine's Day treat!
Red velvet pancakes recipe
Adapted from Cooking Classy
Yields 2 dozen small pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons red food coloring (depends on color you would like to achieve)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Preheat a griddle to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl add all-purpose flour, white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add buttermilk, sugar, eggs, food coloring, vanilla extract and melted butter. Mix well.
- Once combined slowly stir in flour mixture. Once batter is combined cook on griddle until bubbles appear and flip.
- Drizzle with cream cheese glaze and enjoy!
Cream cheese glaze recipe
Yields about 1 cup glaze
- 6 ounces cream cheese. room temperature
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- In a bowl of an electric mixer add cream cheese and butter. Mix until combined.
- Add in powdered sugar and thin out with milk. Add in vanilla paste and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over hot pancakes.
More red velvet recipes
Red velvet cupcake recipe
5 Red velvet creation recipes
Red velvet hot chocolate recipe