Want something different for taco night? This simple taco is packed full of roasted vegetables and topped with avocados, cheese and cilantro. It's perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner!
Do you need a new meatless meal option? This taco might not have any meat, but it still packs tons of flavor! Sweet red onions, colorful bell peppers and meaty mushrooms are all roasted until soft and perfectly cooked. Top with minced cilantro, queso fresco, avocado and a squeeze of lime. You will love this dish!
Roasted vegetable taco recipe
Yields 6-8 tacos
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (if you want a less spicy option use plain chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Toasted corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add bell peppers, red onions and mushrooms to a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, kosher salt and ground pepper. Mix with your hands to cover all the vegetables equally with olive oil and seasoning.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are soft and fragrant.
- Remove from oven and assemble tacos.
- Take toasted corn tortillas and add about 1/3 cup vegetables. Top with a little diced avocado, crumbled queso fresco and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with a slice of lime if you'd like.
More taco recipes
Wonton taco recipe
Spaghetti taco recipe
Buffalo chicken taco recipe