This simply sweet dip is perfect served at parties or even for a casual Sunday brunch. It tastes like apple pie filling, and it's served with perfectly spiced dipping chips. Even if you're not used to sweet salsa. you will love this! Think outside the box and give apples a try!
Apple pie salsa recipe
Yields about 2 cups
- 4 regular-size Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored and cut into small cubes)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large pan.
- Add in apples and saute for 5 minutes, until they start to soften. Sprinkle brown sugar and apple pie spice over apples. Mix to combine and cook for another 5 minutes until sugar is melted and apples are soft.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with cold water. Add cornstarch mixture to apple mixture and stir for a few minutes. The mixture will get thick.
- Remove from heat and add to bowl. Serve warm or room temperature with cinnamon chips.
Cinnamon chip recipe
Yields 80 chips
- 10 small flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay out 10 flour tortillas and baste the top with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the butter basted side of the tortilla with cinnamon sugar.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 pieces and lay out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until crispy and light brown.
More sweet dip recipes
Funfetti dip recipe
Caramel cheesecake dip recipe
Fruit salsa with cinnamon chips recipe