Looking for a new appetizer recipe? Looking for something a little different? These "fried" pickles are actually baked! Of course you can't serve a perfectly crisp baked pickle without a spicy sauce! We made a simple sauce out of ranch dressing and Sriracha sauce. It's the perfect spicy dip for your new favorite appetizer!
"Fried" pickles with spicy dipping sauce recipe
Yields 24 pickle slices
- 24 large dill pickle slices
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- Preheat to 450 degrees F.
- Blot the pickle slices and set aside until ready to coat.
- In a shallow bowl or plate add panko breadcrumbs, Italian breadcrumbs, flour, chili powder, garlic powder, kosher salt and dried parsley. Mix to combine.
- Add the egg to a bowl with the water and whisk till combined.
- Dip pickle slice into egg mixture, coat with breadcrumb mixture and add to a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with all the pickles and mist the pickle slices with olive oil.
- Bake for about 15 minutes till crispy.
- To make the sauce add the ranch and Sriracha together and stir to combine. Serve with pickles.
More appetizer recipes
Wonton taco recipe
Healthy baked crab rangoon recipe
Veggies and dip in a baguette recipe