Green chili and cheese cornbread makes a great side to many main dishes: Think chili, hot soup or pulled pork sandwiches. You might want to consider making a double batch of this great-tasting cornbread!
Packaged mixes can be great to make life a little easier when you're cooking. Glutino's Yankee Cornbread & Muffin Mix is a gluten-free mix that fits the bill. For this recipe, we've added corn kernels, cheddar cheese and green chilies to the mix to give this cornbread some kick!
Glutino and Gluten-Free Pantry have an array of wonderful gluten-free mixes, snacks, baked goods, and frozen foods that taste great. Just what you need when you're looking for a little help with food prep!
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten free.
Green chili and cheese cornbread recipe
- 1 package Glutino Yankee Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/3 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces chopped green chilies
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and lightly spray an 8 x 8-inch pan with the nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the mix and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Fold in the corn kernels, green chilies and cheese.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top begins to turn golden.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.
Kick it up with this cornbread recipe!
More gluten-free recipes
Asian-style noodles and shrimp
Easy onion soup with herbed croutons
Eggplant boats with millet and vegetables