Why order take-out when you can make your very own noodle stir-fry at home? Using a precooked rotisserie chicken saves tons of time and helps transform a few simple ingredients into a wonderful sweet and spicy meal that the entire family will love.
Sometimes take-out is a lifesaver, but in this recipe you will never miss it. Here we use rotisserie chicken we picked up from a local grocer along with other simple ingredients and created a simple, filling yet super-easy Asian-type meal. You can follow this recipe or use whatever veggies you have on hand. Don't like noodles? Fine. You can easily swap out the noodles and use white or brown rice.
Easy orange chicken noodle stir-fry recipe
- 1 cup fresh orange juice or your favorite store-bought brand
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts, chopped or cubed
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced or chopped
- Fresh cilantro and mandarin orange wedges for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch plus 1 tablespoon of water, mixed into a smooth paste
- 1 package of Asian type egg noodles prepared as directed on package and set aside (You may also substitute any type of noodle in this dish such as thin spaghetti or linguini)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the orange juice, red pepper flakes, orange zest, soy sauce, salt, garlic and brown sugar. Allow the mixture to come to a light boil then add in the cornstarch mixture. With a whisk mix the ingredients very well and taste to see if any additional seasonings are needed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat add the canola or olive oil. Add the broccoli, carrots, zucchini, peppers, and onions and lightly saute for 4-5 minutes. Add in the cooked rotisserie chicken and mix well to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- To the pan add in the cooked noodles and half of the orange sauce tossing well. Divide the stir-fry between 4 bowls. Top with mandarin orange wedges and fresh cilantro. If desired spoon additional orange sauce overtop of the stir-fry. Serve warm.
More stir-fry recipes
Thai beef stir-fry
Cinnamon coconut shrimp stir-fry