Who couldn't use a little warming goodness after fun in the snow? Check out these treats, using Coffee-mate Natural Bliss All-Natural Coffee Creamers. You’ll be pleasantly surprised!
After a day skiing or playing in the snow, warming treats can really hit the spot! Whether you prefer a hot, boozy drink or a delightful sweet treat to snack on, you can make several goodies using Coffee-mate Natural Bliss All-Natural Coffee Creamers. These treats are perfect for apres snow activities! The seasonal Coffee-mate flavors should be available through January. Don't worry if you cannot find them in your area — we've noted a few slight substitutions within the specific recipes below.
Hazelnut hot chocolate liqueur
This hot chocolate drink is for adults only! You'll love the creaminess of this hot drink along with the combo of coffee and hazelnut flavors.
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- 5 tablespoons All-Natural Coffee-mate Natural Bliss Low-fat Vanilla
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Combine water, Natural Bliss and cocoa in pitcher and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in the coffee and hazelnut liqueur.
- Divide between 2 mugs and top with whipped cream.
Vanilla-ginger Cafe latte
What a combo! A hot latte seasoned with ginger will help warm you to your toes — perfect for when you come in out of the snow.
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped candied ginger or ginger syrup
- 2 shots (2 ounces) espresso
- 1 tablespoon All-Natural Coffee-mate Natural Bliss Low-fat Vanilla
- 1/2 cup steamed low-fat milk
- Place ginger in large mug or tall heatproof glass. Brew espresso over ginger and stir well.
- Stir in Natural Bliss and top with steamed milk.
Winter spice scones
These sweet scones are perfect to cap off a day of fun in the snow! Who wouldn't love these iced scones seasoned with spices fit for the season?
For the scones
- Parchment paper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup new Seasonal Coffee-mate Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel or 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
For the icing
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Seasonal Coffee-mate Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel or 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
Note: If Seasonal Coffee-mate Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice is not available, replace it as follows.
For the scones: Replace with All-Natural Coffee-mate Natural Bliss Low-fat Vanilla and increase your seasonings to the following: 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger and 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves.
For the icing: Replace with All-Natural Coffee-mate Natural Bliss Low-fat Vanilla and add a dash each of ground cinnamon, ground ginger and ground cloves, and mix together.
For the scones
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves in large mixer bowl or food processor bowl.
- Add the butter and mix on low speed or process until mixture forms large, coarse crumbs the size of peas.
- Add the Coffee-mate and orange peel, and mix or process for a few more seconds just until moistened.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and press together gently until the dough clings together in a ball.
- Pat into a circle about 3/4-inch thick and 6 inches in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden on top.
For the icing
- Combine powdered sugar, Coffee-mate and orange peel in small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm scones.
- Scones are best served warm but will hold for up to 2 days if stored in an airtight container.
Hot peppermint mocha shots
This drink can be customized so the kids can get in on the fun, too! Peppermint schnapps is an optional ingredient, but whether or not you use it, you'll still get plenty of peppermint flavor thanks to Coffee-mate.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup Seasonal Coffee-mate Sugar-free Peppermint Mocha
- 3/4 bar (3 ounces) dark chocolate baking bar
- 2 ounces peppermint schnapps (optional)
- Whipped cream
Note: If Seasonal Coffee-mate Sugar-free Peppermint Mocha is not available, simply replace it with All-Natural Coffee-mate Natural Bliss Low-fat Vanilla and add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract, based on your taste, and stir together.
- Heat water to boiling in small heavy-duty saucepan with the vanilla extract and heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add Coffee-mate and chocolate and whisk until smooth, slightly thickened and hot. Add optional peppermint schnapps.
- Divide the mixture between 6 tall shot glasses, top with dollop of whipped cream and serve.
More fun winter recipes
Chocolate-filled banana cupcakes
3 naughty holiday drink recipes
Homemade hot chocolate recipes