Who doesn't love old-fashioned peanut butter cookies? You'll love this recipe for peanut butter cookies, not only because it makes wonderful cookies, but also because they're super-simple to make!
There's something about peanut butter cookies that just makes you happy. On top of being so delish, they're fuss-free! This recipe couldn't be easier to make, so you can whip up a batch anytime for a sweet treat. For something extra-special, drizzle melted chocolate over the top once they've cooled completely, or add sliced banana rounds to the top of them while they're still hot. Whether you eat them plain or with something on top, you'll love them!
Note: Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten free.
Peanut butter cookie recipe
Yields 2 dozen
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- Optional: 1/2 cup gluten-free chocolate chips for drizzling, or 1 banana, sliced in thin rounds, to top cookies.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Blend the ingredients together until incorporated.
- Shape the dough into small balls (about a teaspoon-sized amount) and put them on the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Use a fork or your fingers to press them down slightly.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until they turn golden.
- Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack.
- Optional: If you'd like a topping for these cookies, melt chocolate chips (about 1/2 cup) and drizzle over the cooled cookies. Or, while the cookies are still hot, top them with thinly sliced rounds of banana.
More Gluten-free Goodies
Flourless chocolate-cranberry crinkle cookies
Individual mixed berry and pecan crisps
Fresh mango, coconut and lime ice cream