You've heard of a BLT sandwich. What could possibly make one heartier and even more delicious? How about adding an egg and a great-tasting spread? BELT sandwiches with sun-dried tomato spread are perfect for an easy meal!
Some say don't mess with perfection, but once in a while it's fun to try! Make Sunday dinner special with BELT sandwiches with sun-dried tomato spread. These sandwiches are simple to make and really are a treat! This recipe uses uncured Irish bacon, which comes in round slices and is a bit thicker than the standard strips. If you choose to use regular deli-style bacon, you'll still be satisfied (use 3-4 slices per sandwich)! You can whip up the spread quickly, but you'll still have a great-tasting meal if you use plain mayonnaise on your sandwich, instead.
BELT sandwich with sun-dried tomato spread recipe
For the sandwich
- 4 thick slices rustic bread, toasted
- 4 slices uncured Irish bacon, cooked (two for each sandwich. If using regualr deli-style bacon, use 3-4 strips per sandwich)
- 2 fried eggs, cooked to your preference
- 6 ounces lettuce greens, divided
- 4-6 fresh tomato slices, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
For the spread
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the mayonnaise to a small bowl, and mix in the sun-dried tomato mixture. Blend well and set aside.
- Cook the bacon and set aside.
- Add the butter to a medium-sized saute pan and when hot, add the eggs and cook to your preference (e.g., over easy, over hard).
- Toast the slices of bread. When toasted, add the spread to one side of each slice of bread.
- Add 2 pieces of Irish bacon to 1 slice of bread, then top with 1 egg, lettuce, and the tomato slices. Top with a second slice of bread and serve.
Your family will love when you BELT out Sunday dinner!
More Sunday Dinner recipes
Acorn squash with wild rice
Pasta with Brussels sprouts
Salmon burgers with homemade tartar sauce