This light layered dessert of persimmons and yogurt flavored with Marsala wine and cookie crumbles makes the perfect end to a meal.
Want to feel good about eating dessert? Persimmons are rich in vitamins A and C, beta-carotene and potassium, so go ahead — indulge in this beautiful parfait full of seasonal fruit.
Persimmon and yogurt parfait recipe
- 2 medium persimmons
- 5 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Marsala wine
- About 12 plain wafer cookies (use a size that fits inside the glasses)
- Chopped pistachios
- Fresh mint leaves
- Crush 2-3 cookies coarsely using your hands. In a bowl, mix the crushed cookies with sugar, Marsala and yogurt. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Peel persimmons. Puree the pulp of the persimmon until creamy. Set aside.
- Divide about half of the yogurt mixture between the 2 glasses. Put a whole cookie on top. Divide persimmon pulp into glasses on top of the cookies. Follow with another whole cookie, then spoon remaining yogurt mixture on top.
- Garnish with a whole cookie, mint leaves, crushed cookie and pistachios. Serve cold.
More Daily Flavor
Glazed lemon poppy seed muffins
Chocolate-filled banana cupcakes
Apricot shortbread sandwich cookies